Friday, December 6, 2013

Funhog goes Hog Wild



Let me introduce a great guy, Funhog, to all you prospective hikers who might enjoy a different twist when you sign your trail registers.
 
Funhog is a really talented guy who makes stamps for hikers and seems to have a great time doing it. He made stamps for Erin "Wired" Saver, and Mindy "Heart" Dunham who both loved their stamps. I don't have permission from either one to show their stamps, so I will direct you to their blogs to find the pictures of their stamps. For Wired: go to  http://www.walkingwithwired.com/p/home-page.html. You'll find a picture of her stamp on just about every page. For Heart: go to http://www.hikeforheart.blogspot.com/. Her stamp is featured on the post for Sat. March 17, 2012 entitled Heart-full Thanks. I do believe that Wired created this stamp with help from Funhog.
 
After reading about these handmade stamps, I knew I just had to have one. I had previously looked for stickers of feathers that I could incorporate into my signature on trail registers, but I couldn't find what I needed. So I headed over to Funhogs site, http://stamphog.blogspot.com/2012/02/carving-cravings.html, and found his contact information. I have to be honest, it took about a month before he returned my email, but once we made contact, the actual stamp making process was really quick. He was a real pleasure to work with, and did his very best to be sure I was involved in the whole process of developing the stamp. He checked out my blog, came up with a couple of designs really quick, and I chose one that really defined my personality. At one point, we were stumped because I really didn't want a border around my braid,

but he was afraid the stamp would become too fragile without it. I said that I guess the border would be o.k., and he immediately came back with, "I want it to be better than o.k., I want you to love your stamp as much as Wired loves hers." Well, he went back to work on the border, and the next day he emailed me a picture. The border was made into little triangles that looked very Indian to me, and I was in love with my stamp from that moment on.

When I received the stamp in the mail, it came with a nice box and some instructions on how to care for my stamp.
 I may just use the stamp as is in the registers, or I may write in my full name using the P in the braid for the first letter. I have about 128 days left to decide!
 
 
So here is a huge Thank you to you Funhog, and yes, I do love my stamp as much as Wired loves hers!

No comments:

Post a Comment